This episode explores the "paradox of tolerance," and what it means for free software communities, business, conference organizing, and our daily interactions. This episode offers six propositions about tolerance:
- Free software requires certain kinds of tolerance
- Tolerance has limits
- The paradox of tolerance sets up clear distinctions between good and evil
- Business can utilize the paradox of tolerance
- In practice, tolerance is messy and arbitrary
- Kindness outweighs tolerance
The theme music used in this episode comes from the Open Goldberg Variations, performed by Kimiko Ishizaka.