We're seeking a full-time Support Project Manager who will thrive as part of the innovative and supportive Support & Maintenance team. We're looking for someone with a combination of technical acumen and the ability to lead multiple teams, make decisions, and get things done. To be successful, you need an understanding of the technical intricacies of large-scale Drupal web projects and the ability to see the big picture, translate business goals into requirements, specs into estimates, and manage tickets for multiple projects. You should have experience managing enterprise web projects, be highly organized, excel at context switching, and be able to have frank yet friendly conversations about scope, deadlines, and deliverables.
To work well in our 100% remote environment, you'll need strong self-management skills and possess excellent communication habits. Equally important is that you will aspire to embody our Core Values and are aligned with our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We not only believe this is an essential part of our Be Human core value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values as well.
Learn more about our benefits and what being an employee-owned company means.
- Writing requirements as specifications, user stories, or tickets
- Managing scope, deliverables, schedules, and team resources for client and internal projects
- Acting as client liaison for project team members and Lullabot
- Scheduling and leading periodic sprint reviews and planning meetings
- Leading check-in calls for each project
- Tending the ticket queue and managing task lists
- Setting priorities, expectations, and communicating with clients about project needs and task progress
- Meeting and communicating with clients
- Performing rigorous testing and verification
- Keeping projects on track and moving forward
- Accountability for a combination of responsibilities related to one or two projects that may have separate sites or be owned by different clients
- Additional responsibilities may include:
- Helping to write and assemble new project proposals and statements of work
- Estimating and assisting on staffing projects
- Pursuing and growing development partnerships
- Coordinating project launches
We're looking for
- Experience managing or participating in large-scale Drupal projects
- Experience managing projects in ticketing systems such as Github, Notion, or JIRA
- Understanding of code promotion workflows, version control, and development best practices
- A great communicator with good writing skills
- Someone comfortable managing and organizing remote virtual teams
- Strong written and verbal professional communication skills
- A positive and encouraging attitude toward assigned work and co-workers
- A professional, collaborative, and proactive approach to people and problems
- The ability to use the following skills on a daily basis: friendliness, judgment, empowerment, respect, integrity, tact, and honesty
- A discerning, critical mindset that avoids cynicism
- A team player with a proven ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Someone who is able to work independently within a virtual team and consistently manage their own time and tasks
- A desire for a healthy work/life balance, though additional work may sometimes be necessary, we plan for a 40 hour work week
- Experience as a front-end or Drupal developer is a huge plus
- An active member of an open-source web community
- Worked with large teams, 5+ people, on large projects from start to finish
If you're a developer who has a strong talent for organizing teams, gets irritated when the ticket backlog isn't complete and well-organized, finds themselves frequently in the primary communication role, and is not afraid of spreadsheets or Gantt charts, please consider applying. We've found that some of the most successful PMs are those people who thoroughly understand and have done the work involved.
- Two or more years of enterprise-level project management experience or equivalent relevant experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology management, or a related field is useful, and a PMP certification or similar is welcome. We are open to strong candidates with a proven track record of project management, whatever the background.
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per year in the United States for client on-sites and company events. Travel will be limited initially due to Covid-19 considerations.
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours per week), U.S.- or Canada-based employee. Must be legally eligible to work in one of these locations and overlap 4 hours of your schedule to typical US work time zones (8 am ET to 6 pm PT). Specific hours may vary based on client needs.
Starting Salary Range: $75,000-100,000 annually commensurate with experience.
Ready to apply?
This position is open until filled. Submit your resume and cover letter through our applicant tracking system by clicking "Apply here" below. Don’t forget to link to your portfolio!
If you are excited by this job description, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly meet every responsibility or requirement listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!