Marcos first discovered Drupal in early 2011, when building a personal website to share information on classical music events. While he was climbing up Drupal's learning curve, he immediately fell in love with the friendliness and openness of the Drupal community. Since then, he's tried to pay back this generosity by helping out newcomers to the community and being a regular contributor to support forums, IRC/Slack channels, and in several Drupal events such as Drupal Camps and meet-ups. Marcos is also an active Drupal contributor; he's a subsystem maintainer of the core Media initiative and co-maintains several Media contrib modules.
Marcos has long been an enthusiast of remote working; before joining Lullabot, Marcos worked as a freelance developer for several Drupal shops and agencies in Europe. In his time with Lullabot, Marcos has worked on projects for Cisco, Evergreen State College, Georgia.gov, and New Relic, helping to architect and implement key features, and helping to define dev workflow and processes.
Born in Brazil, Marcos currently lives in Barcelona, Spain, with his wife and two young boys. When he is not developing or hanging out on Slack/drupal.org, Marcos likes to play the trombone, spend some leisure time with the kids, and occasionally experiment in the kitchen.
- Subsystem maintainer of the core Media initiative since 2018
- Author and maintainer of the contrib Entity Usage module
- Co-maintainer of several Media contrib modules, such as Media Remote, Media Entity, Media Entity Image, Media Entity Actions, Media Entity Private Access, among others
- Regular contributor to local Drupal events and meet-ups in Spain
Projects worked on at Lullabot:
- Evergreen State College
- New Relic
- Lead developer on the Georgia.gov project (multi-site platform of 90+ sites migrating from D7)
- Helped architect and implement some of the key features of the project, such as document/media management, migration strategies, content sharing, editorial experience, and others.
- Helped define dev workflow and processes within the team.
- Provided mentoring and support to new team members, from different agencies and teams that joined the project at different times.
- Oversaw pre-release and release deployments of all D8 sites on the platform.