We're looking for a full-time UI Designer (Mid or Senior-level) to join our design team. The successful candidate will be able to manage themselves in a remote work environment and possess excellent communication habits to work with other team members and clients. Equally important is that this individual will aspire to embody our Core Values and is aligned with our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We not only believe this is an essential part of our Be Human core value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values as well.
Our designers work closely, often in agile teams, with strategists, developers, project managers, and clients to produce digital products and design systems. As a UI Designer, you will translate our clients' brands into user interfaces that are accessible, easy to use, and beautiful.
You will participate in the strategy and UX work that lays the foundation that leads the design process as it moves from the early strategy phase into the visual UI design. Working with developers, you will ensure the designs align with the needs, requirements, and design intent. You will work alongside our designers and client design teams but sometimes will function as the sole designer on an agile product team. This role reports to the Chief Creative Officer.
- Participating in strategy and UX design processes (workshops, research, testing, etc.).
- Assisting in planning the UI design process for client engagements.
- Leading the visual UI design process. (Senior-level only)
- Assisting and collaborating with others in the UI design process.
- Translating client business requirements, UX work (wireframes, user flows, etc.), and technical and content requirements into high-fidelity designs and prototypes.
- Leading design QA work during development. (Senior-level only)
- Assisting with design QA work during development.
- Helping our strategy and design teams continue to improve our approach and processes over time.
- Modeling and planning design systems for complex sites and products. (Senior-level only)
- Creating and translating UI designs into complete design systems and their corresponding documentation, guidelines, and tools. (Senior-level only)
- Assisting and collaborating in creating design systems and their corresponding documentation, guidelines, and tools.
We're looking for someone with the following:
- An impressive portfolio of visual UI design work. (Senior-level requires a broad portfolio)
- Experience leading successful UI design processes. (Senior-level only)
- Experience participating in the planning and creation of design systems. (Senior-level only)
- The ability to lead clients through an iterative process to arrive at great designs that please our clients and their end-users. (Senior-level only)
- Self-motivation and a great deal of care about the quality of their work.
- Enthusiasm for working closely with developers and in agile teams.
- At least a basic working knowledge of front-end development (E.g., HTML and CSS).
- An interest in learning about how Drupal and large-scale CMS projects work.
Bonus points if you have:
- Illustration skills
- Prototyping skills
- Experience working on large-scale CMS projects
- 2+ years experience (Mid-level)
- 8+ years experience (Senior-level)
- Must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- Must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Must be able to travel 2-3 times per year in the United States for on-site client meetings and company events.
- Must be available full-time (40 hours per week).
- Must be U.S.-based and can start within two weeks of being offered the job.
- Must have at least 5 hours overlap between 9 am - 5 pm EST.
Starting Salary Range: $70,000-95,000 annually commensurate with experience.
A note about tools
We know most designers can learn new tools quickly, so as we evaluate candidates, we care more about the quality of the work in your portfolio than the tools you used to produce it. Our team tends to design using Figma but will use other tools (E.g., Sketch, Adobe XD) based on client needs and requirements.
Ready to apply?
This position is open until filled. Submit your resume and cover letter through our applicant tracking system by clicking the link below. Don’t forget to link to your portfolio!
If you are excited by this job description, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly meet every responsibility or requirement listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!