We are seeking an entry-level accounting professional who will thrive as part of a friendly, collaborative, service-oriented team. The ideal candidate is an adaptable, detail-oriented, and self-motivated problem-solver who enjoys working with a small admin team and wearing multiple hats when needed. The successful candidate will be able to manage themselves in a 100% remote work environment and possess excellent communication habits to work well with team members and vendors.
Equally important is that this individual will aspire to embody our Core Values and is aligned with our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We not only believe this is an essential part of our Be Human core value; it’s crucial to our Engineering Values as well.
Learn more about our benefits and what being an employee-owned company means.
Managing and tracking all expense accounting, including reimbursable expenses, billable expenses, and various employee budgets: Processing and approving expense reports and coordinating receipt collection, onboarding and offboarding team members to the expense reporting platform, and addressing team member expense reporting and budget policy questions.
- Assisting with employee benefits: Coordinating and distributing monthly technology stipend deposits, Calculating and applying annual event and education budgets, tracking and matching charitable donations, and adjusting or making corrections to employee budgets.
- Assisting with accounts payable: Recording and tracking bills from vendors and contractors, crosschecking team members’ hours and ensuring they are recorded accurately and on time, preparing billable travel expense invoices and receipts, and reporting to AR for collection.
- Assisting with payroll: Tracking and filing forms for payroll reimbursements and deductions, communicating related expense reporting and benefits budget use with payroll and HR teams.
- Supporting the Staff Accountant in the monthly close of books.
- Protecting financial operations by keeping information confidential.
- Assisting with general administrative tasks as a Bot Support team member: Occasionally assisting team members with travel (bookings, reservations, credit limit adjustments), communicating company policies and procedures, redirecting general company phone calls and emails, and troubleshooting software account administration.
- Contributing to company culture and morale with the Bot Support team on a rotational basis: Organizing remote/online celebrations, gifts, and team-building activities and participating in the planning of the annual in-person team retreat.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Knowledge of and adherence to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Integrity and confidentiality. Being honest and ethical and taking personal and company data confidentiality seriously is required.
- The ability to use computers and web-based systems. This position regularly utilizes many online financial, HR, and business software services. Please note in your application which ones you are familiar with. As a remote worker, you need to understand the technology you use and the ability to solve many of your technical problems with phone or web assistance.
- The ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines: We have a short timeframe for the monthly close. We work hard, but have fun doing it!
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively: Strong communication skills, managing your tasks consistently, and a positive attitude toward your work and colleagues are essential. We love our work, and you should too!
- Strong attention to detail, thorough work, and ability to organize your assigned tasks.
- Interest in keeping up-to-date professionally and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Interest in participating in the company culture and growing your responsibility areas.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting is preferred. We are open to strong candidates with 4+ years of training and experience in bookkeeping or accounting, regardless of your background or education.
- You must have a reliable internet connection and a willingness to work from home (or anywhere) in a distributed fashion.
- You must be able to use a computer for up to 8 hours daily.
- You must be able to pass a background check after receiving a job offer.
- You must be able to travel 1-2 times per year within the United States for company retreats, meetings, or conferences.
- You must be able to work full-time (40 hours per week) and be based and legally eligible to work in the US. At least 4 hours of your schedule must overlap with typical US work time zones, ranging from 8 am ET to 6 pm PT. Specific hours vary based on business needs.
Starting Salary Range: $48,000-65,000 annually, commensurate with experience
Ready to apply?
Please submit your resume and cover letter through our applicant tracking system by Monday, March 27, by clicking the link below.
If you are excited by this job description, but your past experience doesn’t perfectly meet every responsibility or requirement listed, we encourage you to apply anyway. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring!