Now that CCK and Views have release candidates for Drupal 6, it's the perfect time to start hammering down on the list of modules that haven't been ported yet. This video demonstrates how anyone with basic copy/paste/modify PHP skills can help port Drupal modules. Really! It's not nearly as bad as you think. :)
Topics covered include:
- How to tell the module portage status of your Drupal site with the Upgrade Status module.
- How to perform basic community research to determine the actual porting status of your modules.
- Overview of the amazing Coder module and how to configure it.
- Where to find more information about changes between Drupal versions.
- How to use Coder module to convert a simple module from Drupal 5 to Drupal 6, step by step.
- How to test to ensure the porting status was a success.