I've just released the new version of BeautyTips (0.9). New features include:
- Ajax content - Content can now come from other pages on your site*. The ajax argument takes not only a URL, but also an optional jQuery selector. This means that you can use just part of an existing page as the content of your BeautyTip. The Do It With Drupal video page is a great example of this. Just roll over the thumbnail images to see it in action.
- Click-anywhere-to-close - This default behavior means that any open BeautyTips will be closed whenever the visitor clicks anywhere in the body of the page (outside of the tip or target elements).
- Close-when-others-open - This option (normally disabled) can ensure that only one tip is open at a time.
- bgiframe plugin support - IE has (yet another) goofy behavior where form elements don't seem to respect z-indexes. If you're having this problem, simply include the bgiframe plugin on your page and BeautyTips will recognize it and use it.
* For security reasons, most browsers will not allow cross-domain html calls. You will get a security error if you try this.
Awesome! Where do I get it?
You can download from the BeautyTips plugin page on jQuery.com. That's also where you should submit any bugs or feature requests.