Get comprehensive Drupal coverage! Want to cover all the skills you need to customize Drupal to do exactly what you need? Sign up for both our workshops and get a full understanding of how Drupal works front to back. Come learn how to extend and tweak Drupal to do exactly what you need to do! We'll work from an example site, and extend the functionality by adding additional features via a custom module we'll write over two days. We'll talk about how Drupal works under the hood and how to approach writing a Drupal module, providing best practices from our experience. There will be plenty of exercises, examples and always room for questions! What will we cover?
- A "bird's eye view" of how all the parts of Drupal fit together.
- The structure of a Drupal module.
- What "hooks" are all about and how to use them.
- How to effectively use the database using Drupal's APIs.
- Using built-in features to write secure code.
- FormAPI and how to create and/or alter forms in Drupal.
- Web developers who are familiar with code, but don't have Drupal programming experience.
- Drupal site administrators or are seeking to take Drupal to the "next level" with custom coding.
- Drupal developers looking to improve the depth of their API knowledge.
- Software architects on the fence about whether or not to go with Drupal, who want more in-depth information on how it works internally.
It's the equivalent of taking an art class from Michelangelo. These guys know their stuff. Jason Crichton, Interactive Director, Elevate Studios
The Lullabot team has done it again, creating a fantastic learning experience with their API workshop. The team explained some really dense material in a clear and easy to understand fashion. Can't wait to create my own modules. WayGee Ho - Technical Project Mgr, VH1
The approachability of all the Lullabot staff was awesome. It was very easy talk to any one of the Lullabots, and all of them had a ton of knowledge to share. Tom Friedhof - Active LAMP
Smart, experienced, and friendly. If you like that sort of thing... Geoff Butterfield, Director of IT - The George Lucas Educational FoundationNeed more information? If you need help making a decision about attending or have further questions about the class, please contact us here.
Learn to Write Drupal Code Like a Pro!
Wednesday, May 7, 2008 - 8:00pm to Thursday, May 8, 2008 - 8:00pm
May 8th & 9th, 2008